Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I buy spring training tickets?
Tickets for Chicago Cubs spring training games can be purchased by phone at (800) 905-3315 and at www.cubs.com. Tickets are also sold at the Hohokam Stadium box office, 1235 N. Center Street in Mesa.
Individual game tickets, on-line or by phone – On sale Friday January 4th, 2013 at 10 a.m. CT.
Season tickets at HoHoKam Stadium – On sale Jan. 3, 2013 at 10 a.m. CT.
The ticket box office at HoHoKam Stadium will open for the sale of individual game tickets beginning Jan. 15 at 9 a.m. MT.
For a recorded message of general information (updated often throughout the season), call (480) 644-4451. For a recorded message of box office information, or to leave a message for the box office, call 480-964-4467.
2. Does my child need a ticket?
• What is the age limit, and are there discounted tickets for children?
Children under the age of three, who are on a parent’s lap, do not need a ticket. All other attendees do require a ticket, and no child discounts are available.
3. What time does the game start?
All Cubs 2013 spring training games at Hohokam Stadium start at 1:05 pm Arizona time with the exception of a 7:05pm start March 26th against the Reds, and a 12:05pm start March 28th against the Mariners.
4. When do the parking lots and gates open at Hohokam Stadium?
The parking lot is open by 9:00 am on most game days. Parking is $7 per vehicle. Gates open two hours prior to game time.
5. Is tailgating allowed? Can I have alcoholic beverages in the parking lot?
Tailgating is permitted in the parking lots surrounding the Stadium. However, City and State law prohibits alcoholic beverages from being consumed in the parking areas.
6. Will-Call Tickets:
• Can I confirm that my tickets are in will-call?
• Do I need a photo ID to pick up will-call tickets?
• Can I order will-call tickets the same day of the game?
You can confirm your tickets are in will-call by calling 480-964-4467. Please be advised that the phones and box office windows are extremely busy on game days.
You will need a photo ID to pick up your will-call tickets.
7. What can I bring in to the Stadium?
• Are umbrellas or strollers allowed?
• Can I bring in bottled water or snacks?
Chairs, umbrellas, food, beverages, coolers, alcohol and large bags cannot be brought into the stadium.
- One 32 oz. sealed bottle of water per person is permitted.
- Strollers are permitted.
- Baby food and baby formula are permitted.
Hohokam Stadium is a non-smoking facility.
10. Is handicap parking and seating available?
• Can I take a wheelchair into the berm seating area?
Handicap parking is available directly in front of the Stadium with a valid handicap parking sticker or license plate.
Handicap seating is available throughout the stadium. Handicap tickets can be obtained by calling 1-800-905-3315.
An elevator is available at Gate D for use by all ticket holders.Although wheelchairs are not prohibited in the general admission berm area, please be aware that there are no designated handicap areas in that section of the Stadium. The grass in the berm area is very steep in places, and extreme caution should be exercised.
11. How do I rent the patios, suites or tent areas?
These areas are all available for parties to enjoy during spring training games. Each area requires a minimum number of persons and sponsorship fees and catering minimums do apply. Areas are also available for pre and post game receptions or parties. To reserve your catered event, for groups of 20 or more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Are my seats in the shade, or in the sun?
Most games begin at 1:05 pm, and, being Arizona, most game days end up being sunny. That being said, there are areas of the Stadium that do tend to get more (or less) shade throughout the game.The areas with the most shade tend to be sections 200 through 212, and 201 through 211. All other sections are in the sun.
14. How can I find out more information?
Pre-recorded game day information is available by calling 480-644-4451. For other general information, please email email@example.com